Deeside Thistle are putting on two cyclocross races (one for Beginners, Newbies and Sandbaggers, and one for Old Hands and Racing Snakes) at Grampian Transport Museum in Alford, Aberdeenshire on Saturday October 3rd.
Grampian Transport Museum, Alford.
For those of you who haven’t visited the area before, GTM is a gem of a venue, with a tight motor racing circuit set in rolling grassy grounds. The course will use the tarmac racetrack, grass bankings and verges and an off-road vehicle trail to give a fast, tight course with mud, short steep run-ups and off-camber grassy sections.
• Entry is online only ( NO entries on the day).
• Both races are open to male and female riders 16 yrs and over.
• Online Entry closes at 23:30 on 27/9/2015
• Entry is £18 - TLI Members will be refunded £5 Day Membership on presentation of a valid TLI Membership Card at sign on. (More info on TLI)
• An admin fee of £1.10 is charged for each entry by Eventbrite.
• No refunds will be given.
RACE DAY TIMETABLE
• Sign On Open to Riders - 11:00
• Course Open for Practice - 11:45 - 12:45
• Race 1 - Beginners, Newbies & Sandbaggers - 13:00 (50 mins)
• Race 2 - Old Hands and Racing Snakes - 14:00 (50 Mins)
• Prizegiving - 15:20
Timekeeping will be by Mark Young (MyEvent Timing) and the finish will be located on a tarmac straight in front of the grandstand for a crowd-pleasing finish.